The organisers of the Austrian Tourism Day are the Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy, the Federal Economic Chamber and the Austrian National Tourist Office (abbreviated in the following to the “Organisers”). The Austrian National Tourist Office is responsible for registration and accreditation.
2. Registration and approval
Approval as a participant at the event (abbreviated in the following to the EV) requires prior registration on the website https://www.tourismustage.at. Registrations with incomplete data, or that are subject to conditions or reservations will not be accepted. By sending the registration, the participant confirms to have taken note of and accepted in full these General Terms and Conditions for Participation and registers for the Austrian Tourism Day bound by said terms and conditions. Sending of the registration does not constitute any claim to approval for the EV. On receipt of the registration by the Organiser, the participant will receive an automatically generated email confirming receipt of the registration. This email does not constitute confirmation of participation. The contract (confirmation of participation) does not become effective until such time as the Organiser has sent written confirmation of participation by email.
On principle the participant is entitled to withdraw from the contract. The withdrawal must be effected in writing by email to the Austrian National Tourist Office (email@example.com).
4. Relocation and changes to the event, cancellation and abandonment of the event
(1) the Organiser reserves the right to change the start, duration and/or the venue for compelling reasons, even after conclusion of the contract. This does not give rise to any right of withdrawal for the participant nor any claim for damages.
(2) Should the Organiser be forced to close or block parts of the venue either temporarily or for a longer period of time due to reasons for which the Organiser is not responsible or due to force majeure, this does not give rise to any right of withdrawal for the participant nor any claim for damages.
(3) Should the event not take place due to reasons for which the Organiser is not responsible or due to force majeure, the Organiser is not liable for any costs or damages incurred by the participant.
5. Film and photo recordings
The Organiser is entitled to have film and video recordings made of the entire event, including the supporting programme, and to use these for press publications, reporting in its own media (esp. website, social media, newsletter) and for the promotion of other events.
The Organiser is only liable for damage incurred by the participant in connection with the preparation, staging or handling of the EV in the case of wilful intent or gross negligence.
8. Technical safety and fire protection regulations
The participant is obliged to comply with all building, safety and fire protection regulations of the premises as well as all other statutory regulations and is liable for all damage arising from their violation.
9. Non-compliance with the conditions of participation
In the event of non-compliance with the conditions of participation by the participant, the Organiser is entitled to cancel the contract with immediate effect and to claim damages.
10. Final provisions, place of jurisdiction
(1) Amendments, supplements and additions require the written form. This also applies to any waiver of this written form requirement. Verbal ancillary agreements are invalid.
(2) Should any provisions of this contract or conditions of participation be or become invalid, this shall in no way affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In this case, the parties shall replace the invalid provision with a valid provision that comes as close as possible to the economic purpose of the invalid provision.
(3) The application of Austrian law is agreed for this contract to the exclusion of the agreements of the UN Convention for the International Sale of Goods dated 11th April 1980 and the conflict of laws rules of the Act on International Private Law (IPRG). The place of performance for both contractual parties is Vienna.
(4) The competent court for the first district of Vienna is agreed as the place of jurisdiction for any disputes arising from or in connection with this contract.